Is it safe to alternative medicine?
Health issues far more serious than anything else, and not even because of the choice of treatment depends on how we live the rest of our lives on earth. Popular saying “healthy body, healthy mind” should be read somewhat differently: “Where the spirit is, there is a healthy body.” Because the Apostle John was given this great meaning: “Beloved! I pray that you prosper and be in health all, just as your soul prospers” (3 John 2).
Modern “alternative” medicine offers many methods of treatment. Are they acceptable and safe spiritually? To answer this question, it is necessary to choose a benchmark that guarantees these spiritual principles, which are creative, perfectly moral and healthy people. Refer to the Bible is an ancient book, the teachings of which are time-tested and formed the basis for three major world religions: Judaism, Christianity and Islam – and “test” are popular today methods of healing.
What are the main provisions of the Bible concerning man and his physical and spiritual health?
1. God is the only Creator and life-giver; He alone supports life in all creation;only his power and His energy are life-giving influence. “All things were made through Him, and without Him was not anything made that was made. In Him was life, and the life was the light of men” (John 1:3, 4).
2. Man has in itself no life-giving force or energy. “I am the vine, ye are the branches: …without Me ye can do nothing,” said Jesus Christ (John 15:5).
3. Evil is not primordial and eternally existing force; good and evil cannot coexist in one person, whether in God or in man. “God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all. If we claim to have fellowship with Him while we walk in darkness, we lie and do not live by the truth” (1 John 1:5, 6).
4. God no one oppresses and enslaves. “…He [anyone] does not oppress” (job 37:23). “You were bought with a price; be not ye the servants of men” (1 Corinthians 7:23).
5. Not always the disease is the consequence of man’s sin. “His disciples asked Him: Rabbi! who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind? Jesus answered: neither he sinned, nor his parents; but [it is for] [order] to the work of God” (John 9:2, 3).
6. The basis of healing is a godly life following all the commandments of God, including the laws of health, faith and prayer. “And he said, if you obey the Lord your God, and do is pleasing in His sight, and hearken to His commandments, and observe all His statutes, we will not bring on you any of the diseases that I brought upon Egypt: for I am the Lord, your healer” (Exodus 15:26). “And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him” (James 5:15).
7. Idolatry, divination, spells, sorcery, magic, astrology, spiritualism, and similar activities prohibited by the Creator. “No one be found among you who sacrifices his son or his daughter through fire, a soothsayer, a fortuneteller, a witch, a sorcerer” (Deuteronomy 18:10).
Thus, all treatments that are based on the internal energy of man, plants or nature, such as bioenergy, extrasensory perception, homeopathy, naturopathy and other contradict the first two principles of spiritual security.
All kinds of treatment, based on the confrontation of two forces in nature and man, such as the Chinese doctrine of “Yin” and “Yang”, the doctrine of the parasites and the like, do not correspond to the third principle.
Methods based on hypnosis, coding, inspiration, and influence on the subconscious are not true because they do not meet the fourth principle.
Psychiatric treatment methods based on the detection of vices and sins, which allegedly developed the disease, and by refusing which must come the healing, contrary to the fifth principle.
Treatments that they neglect other principles of health, or treat one at the expense of another, using means that are prohibited in the Bible for the use that require an unhealthy lifestyle and who deny God’s laws in the Universe, also may not be valid methods of treatment in connection with the sixth principle.
Treatment with spells, sorcery and magic, no matter how veiled they may be, cannot be taken absolutely.
The Lord will give to every man the wisdom in the correct choice of treatment. The Bible teaches: “If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it shall be given him” (James 1:5).